Easter 2018 in london :
Christmas is over but you’re going to have an excuse to eat chocolate (still). Here you will found our advices to spend a good easter weekend !
Don’t miss it !
This Easter there will be more than 100 disguised comedians and animals waiting for you at Trafalgar Square in order to stage the story of Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection. This event gathers every year with more than 20,000 people. This show takes place on Good Friday (March 30, 2018). And it’s free !
Go to mass
The best spots:
- St Paul cathedral
- Westminster Abbey
- St-Martin-in-the-Fields church
EASTER egg hunt !
Places where you (and your kids) can go egg hunting in London:
- Around Hampton Court Palace
- At WWT London Wetland Centre
- In Kew Gardens, in west London
For the most lazy of you, you can also go and buy your chocolats directly at the shops:
- Charbonnel et Walker
- Fortnum & Mason
- Dark sugar
What about making your own chocolat ?!
We found for you a good receipe to make chocolat at home !
- As much chocolat that you will want (white, milk, dark,..)
- Puffed rice
- Bitter almond extract
- 1 spoon of sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie over a low heat. When it is well melted, remove from heat and add grated chocolate
- Add the powdered sugar and stir
- Either you add ‘filling’, you mix and fill an ice cube tray that you put in the fridge while the chocolate harden well.
- Either you fill chocolate molds, bell-shaped, egg, fish, or fir! And hop, in the fridge too!
- Either half fill each hole with an ice cube tray. Add some sweets and cover with some melted chocolate. It works well with coconut, almond powder or puffed rice!
- There is more to do again the operation with a second type of delicacy, and still a third batch …
If you haven’t eat all of it..
- 250 g of easter chocolat
- 80 g of butter
- 3 eggs
- 90 g of sugar
- 100 g of flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bain-marie.
- Add eggs, sugar, flour and yeast.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven at 170 ° C (thermostats 5-6).
- Let cool and enjoy!
And do not forget, chocolate is to be consumed in moderation! ENJOY !